Let’s try to keep this really simple. This website (“Imaginary Visions”) is a private photo gallery and blog. It is being run and maintained by Tomas Petersen, a private individual who derives zero income from this website or from photography. I am not an organisation, and this website is not used as a business in any way – you can’t buy any of my photographs here (but if you ask nicely I might give them to you for free) and you can’t hire me to take pictures for money.
But privacy rights and data protection are important. So let’s cover the fundamentals.
- If you leave a comment on a blog post, I will publish the name you record against the comment. If you tick any of the opt-in boxes on the comment form, the site will do what the opt-in says (i.e., save your details as a cookie or notify you via email as described). If you leave a comment and later regret it, please let me know and I will delete the comment.
- If you sign up to be notified of updates via email, and later decide that you no longer wish to receive such emails, let me know and I will delete your email address from the mailing database.
- I don’t serve ads or pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox)
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera)
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari)