Friday 6th April 2018 arrived after months of anticipation. It was the Friday of Mark and Jenni’s charity ball, this time held at the RUSCC club in Romford. I was fortunate enough to be there with the camera, capturing a few shots during the setup and evening.
You’ve made it through the week, and now you feel just fine.
There’ll be no nervous breakdown tonight because:It’s Friday night.
Let’s go. Let’s all have some fun tonight.
All right. Here we go. Here we go tonight.
It doesn’t matter where we go or what we do.
Let’s just do it now.
Slick Shoes: Friday Night
And what an evening it was! There was more happening than on a week-long day out with the kids to Alton Towers or Legoland. But without all the screaming and carrying on. Amongst the offerings were
- Spiderman by Ash-Lee Entertainment almost crawling on the walls
- Tracey and Jack Dean with wonderful songs
- Kate from the lovely Boogie Bling and Accessories
- Lynian Occasions candy cart with the yummy sweets
- Yvonne and her beautiful handmade cards
- Line dancing, choreographed by Hills ‘n’ Toes
- A raffle with great prices generously donated by local businesses
- A memorial wall for people to remember their loved, lost friends and family members
- And last, but by no means least, dancing until the early hours to tunes expertly mixed by Paul and HIllary from SoundsTheBusiness
Despite all the many activities on offer, that wasn’t the best thing about the evening. No. The best thing for me was to meet so many people again. Great friends that I used to see regularly when I lived in Essex, but whom I haven’t seen for a long time. It was amazing how we could all reconnect again.
But as well as all the fun and laughter, there was also a serious side to the evening. Far to many people’s lives have been touched by cancer, and through the event, Mark and Jenni managed to collect an whopping £1,400 pounds for Cancer Research UK. Huge congratulations guys, you did amazing!